Coming home from a fun, new adventure can be a bit of a bummer. Sure it’s great to see everyone you’ve missed and be back in your own bed but the everyday life suddenly makes you miss the new adventures you were having on your trip (especially if you’re coming home from the wonderful sunshine to lots and lots of snow). Here are some tips on how to keep the excitement of the trip alive and things to do to cheer you up a bit:
- Create a scrapbook of pictures and momentos collected on your trip.
- Make a memory box, like these, that look pretty on the shelf and can store those extra items that aren’t going to otherwise be displayed, such as plane tickets or receipts.
- Grab your dog, snuggle up in your bed and pop in a travel movie or read a travel book. I love reading more about the cultures I have just been to and as soon as I got home from Cambodia, where I first really learned about the genocide that recently occurred in that country, immersed myself into books about the history there.
- Count the countries you’ve been to and list the things you loved the most while there so you can recommend them to friends
- Feed your travel blues with activities in your own city. The best experiences can be from your own area. Open up your browser and start searching. While googling can be a great source to search for activities, Verlocal has a great selection of experiences that are hands-on interactive and definitely worth the while. Checking off bucket list items can be easily done. Making a weekend into a staycation will eliminate travel blues.
- Start planning! Make a list of where-in-the-world you might want to go next! Keep up that adventure spirit! As they say, an object in motion stays in motion, so keep on chasing those dreams.